Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I am not a Valentine cynic, but I also don't care about any Valentine fuss or fanciness. It's fun just having a reason to celebrate something! I have a doozy of a cold I've been trying to get rid of, so out of necessity, we kept things pretty simple.

Again, I would like to thank our awesome area dollar store for allowing me to spend about $5 on decorations. Woo hoo! It's amazing what a pink tablecloth, some heart-patterned cups and plates will do for your spirits.




First, we designed Valentines. I like cute and original but EASY. So I used the pirate boy and girl patterns from here. Thank you internet. I may not be able to come up with something original off the top of my head, but I know where to find it. We were able to whip these up fast for all three kids.



 I let my kids attach a heart candy to the back. I see all over the internet where people are freaking out about doing sugar-free Valentines. To me, it's just another way where we adults have to take the fun out of yet another holiday. Let's face it, the only ones who care about the cutesy homemade Valentines are the moms. The kids just look for the candy. Why do we have to make things so difficult? Here's what I do:
Day 1: kids come home with lots of candy. Let them count it, roll in it, dump it over their heads, eat a bunch.
Day 2, 3, 4, 5: they get one treat a day.
Day 6: candy MYSTERIOUSLY disappears and kids have forgotten about it by now anyway. Squirrel!
See? Easy.
That's why God created trash cans. Or something like that. 

Jack had Valentine's parties at school. He had a great time!!

Freezie headache!!!





Laura had fun at her school and came home with a bag of goodies.

Emma, being in sixth, didn't have an official list of Valentines, and the rules are a bit different now. Oh, those middle school rules. But she made about 14 Valentines to pass out, and she even gave some to boys. Much more courageous than I was!

Jack told me I was his Valentine. Actually, he told me I was his "Ballentine."


Tonight I was feeling too miserable to cook, so we ordered heart-shaped pizzas from Papa Johns and made ice cream sundaes for dessert with pink sprinkles. Good enough for me.

The kids had a great time and we made it through another round of Valentine's.

Hope you had a great Valentine's day. If you don't have a Valentine, don't worry, Jack will cover for you.



 
Also, to give you any ideas for next year, here are some of the cute Valentines my kids brought home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...