Monday, January 9, 2012

Here's your Christmas (New Year's?) card!!!

So, I sort of didn't get my Christmas cards out this year. Boo. I was really frustrated about it until I remembered my New Year's Rez: stop beating the crap out of myself. And I worked so hard to get a picture with my whole family in it because I hate when I haven't seen friends for years and all I get is a picture of their kids for ten years. No offense, your children are lovely, but I want to see if you are aging any better than I am, know what I'm saying? Just kidding. Sort of.

So here is a picture of our family for you, at the end of 2011. I never anticipated that the more family members you have, the harder it is to get everyone to look nice in one picture. Just having everyone actually look at the camera at the same time is a victory. No wonder people don't have ten kids anymore.





Also, I feel great frustration with the fact that because I am leaning in so far it looks like my rear extends from the pillow to Emma's side. Oh, picture remorse, you're so painful. The irony here is that I was born completely minus any sort of rump at all. Go ahead, click on the picture to make it bigger and you'll see what I mean.

Apologies to Laura since it looks like she's on the outside of the family love embrace. I feel kind of bad except the reality is the "family love embrace" is pretty much Gary and I trying to wrangle Jack to hold still and be presentable for thirty seconds. So there you go. I put my new Florida pillow on the side, which looks a little weird, but SOMETHING had to balance out poor Laura who is on the outskirts of the family.


Hope you had a lovely holiday!




3 comments:

  1. I love the photo!!! Thanks for posting it.
    Where did you get the adorable Florida pillow? I wanna try to make one.
    xoxo,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could totally make it. I got it at a craft fair. It's a pillow she bought at Ikea, and then used a template to sew the Florida on top. I have also seen the Florida template on a onesie, with a button instead of the big heart. It was really cute. I have a had a baby I would totally make one. Or, more realistically, ask you to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this photo... AND the pillow (how do we love all the same things?! So cool!)!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...