We are back at home from our trip to North Carolina. We had a lovely, cozy time. Now the Christmas decorations are almost all put away and I have decided on my New Year's Resolutions. Here they are, all ready for 2012:
1. Be kinder to myself. Be my own cheerleader.
2. Choose to be happy each day.
3. Improve my self-discipline.
4. Keep only things that I love or we truly use. I have been doing a great job of clearing out clutter and I want to keep going.
5. Travel someplace fabulous. (Depending on the budget this could be 45 minutes away.) ;)
I wonder if other people still do New Year's Resolutions? I try to make ones that I can keep. No diet resolutions, because I don't want to diet all year. But I do try to eat well and in small quantities. Especially after this holiday!!
Dennis Prager gave some great ideas on his show today. One was to read the Bible each night. If you don't do the Bible, read Shakespeare or a great work. If you don't want to read, then view some amazing art each night which is easy to find online. He also gave some ideas on learning a language or a hobby by devoting 15 minutes a day to it.
Well, speaking of self-discipline I have to put the three amigos to bed. Jack is running around yelling "DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LATER!" while listening to Aerosmith. Good night and good luck in your new year!