Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Two




What makes the perfect day?


A birthday shirt.


A balloon that cracked him up.

Three little friends (all girls, Jack would add) to help celebrate.

Later that evening, a Mimi to help give birthday kisses at a birthday dinner.

A fabulously ugly cake. But it tasted good, seriously. This is what happens when you don't get the lumps out of the frosting and then decide to throw his favorite candy--"meems"--on top.


A two-year-old digging in.
Told you it tasted good.
You were judging.


Getting a birthday song phone call from cousin Rebecca.

Miss Kymmie, the maker of the fabulous crocheted pumpkin hat.

One Grandpa, putting together his birthday present.


The debut ride.


Again, might I add that it tasted better than it looked.
***************************************************

Halloween is in 12 days. Rats. That means I am trying to figure out costumes for Gary and I. The theme this year for the annual family Halloween party we attend is, "movies." Last year, as you remember, was "eighties."

So what to do, what to do? Any ideas from you creative geniuses out there?

I already have the kids covered. No coordinating costumes as a family this year. My kids know their own minds this year, and it is not a unified one, that's for sure.
***************************

I forgot to add that I crack myself up. I dream of parties like this:


*source: HipHipHoorayblog.com

But my big decoration was a dollar store "Happy Birthday" banner that was still hanging on the wall from Emma's party at the end of July. Awesome, huh!! And yes, I finally took it down. Like a week ago.


3 comments:

  1. Such cute photos! That pumpkin hat is adorable.
    And, that cake looks delicious to me. I never judged.
    xoxo,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we could have been there (and I eat ALL cake...regardless of appearance)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake WAS delicious and yummy and good and sooo yummmy!!! Aaaa... He looked so darn cute in his hat! I am glad you guys liked it!! :) Thank you for sharing his day with me!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...