Friday, June 17, 2011

Welcome Summer

I am so behind on posting, which is a shame because I have so many things to share. But here's what has been keeping me away:

1. Emma just graduated from elementary school. A busy last week.
2. The first two days of summer went fantastically. We started Mommy Summer School, made lists of proposed field trips and projects, I felt quite productive. Then
     a. Laura came down with Fifth's (that awful rash and fever)(and p.s. doesn't she know the rules?     You don't get sick during summer! Only during the school year!!), and now
     b. Jack has his first stomach flu. We have changed his sheets three times, he has a terrible fever, and he has never thrown up before so he feels so confused and scared. I wrapped him up in a snuggly blanket and rocked him back and forth in the rocking chair and sang to him whatever came to my mind. Poor baby. Which always makes me want to have snuggly babies and toddlers forever because they are too young to have stinky feet or gross stuff yet.

So I am here, we are here. Just limping into summer a bit. But that's okay.
Happy Summer to you, too!



My kids as hamsters on our fist day of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...