Friday, February 5, 2010

Today is a slow day.

Jack is heading down the last stretch of naptime.

Emma is sick, lying on the couch, reading Tom Sawyer. Last time we were at Disney World, she saw the little rafts going over to Tom Sawyer's island. She was fascinated by this island smack in the middle of Frontierland and wondered why there was a white fence over there. This was of course the perfect intro into the book, and she asked to read it. We checked out the Children's Classics edition, and she plans to read the whole thing before we go back to Disney.

And, since this is Florida, our weather changed dramatically in two hours. This morning it was a bit cloudy, but sunny and not too chilly. So I put Jack in the stroller and walked down to the library to pick up some things on hold. Jack rested his chin on the bar and watched the occasional car and truck go by. It seemed like a great idea until I realized I was walking onto Old Main Street in exercise clothes, no make-up, and my greaseball hair up on top of my head. I know, I know. What was I thinking? Praying I wouldn't run into anyone I knew, I just kept my head down and soldiered on to the library. Once inside, Jack was pretty good until he realized that libraries with high ceilings have AWESOME echo potential. He kept making these screechy noises and laughing while I checked my books out with one hand and tried to clam him up with the other.

Now it's afternoon and the weather could not be more different. It is so dark outside I had to turn lights on in the house. The rain is pelting the sliding doors all along the back of the house and the river has waves rolling hard against the seawall. The problem with this is that it automaticallly triggers my I-want-to-curl-up-and-read-a-book-and-then-sleep reflex. I have lots to do and I'm just lazing around here on the computer.

So I am going to get up and go take care of biz. But I will live you Lost fans with this fun video I found on EW here. I'm so happy it's Lost season again!!!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I have ever posted on someone I don't knows blog. I always thought it was stalkerish [not a word] But, I saw your link on beehive messages and your title on you blog made me curious. Anyway I really enjoyed your book suggestions. A mormon in Utah.=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy! THANK YOU for the link! Soooo did ya watch? Did ya watch? I am dying to talk to you about it... wondering what you thought of the season premiere!?!! Sorry Emma was sick! Hope she's doing lots better now!! What a change this weather eh!? xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...