Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hitting the Road

Spring Lake 2007--high up in the mountains. I used to jump off this same dock at their age.

Well, I have a list (I'm a planner) and I'm checkin' it twice. Road trip!!

We are heading to North Carolina for a week. I am so happy to put our troubles behind us and hit the road. I'm packing, charging ipods (and uploading Michael Jackson songs so my girls can groove to Thriller), loading a cooler and crossing my fingers that Jack will be a breeze on our twelve hour drive. No problem, right?

Once there, I am hoping to hike, swim, walk, explore, listen to bluegrass, roast marshmallows and hot dogs, and just spend time with the family. I have high hopes for this trip!

It is all the more poignant since my grandmother passed away two weeks ago. This is her and her sweetie's teeny tiny cabin (what a joyous reunion in heaven that must have been!) and I have fond memories of big breakfasts complete with homemade biscuits and cane syrup. I am hoping to carry on some of these memories for my children.

Wish us safe travels and lots of fun! Hope you have an opportunity to "get away" as well!

1 comment:

  1. I loved your comment about CJane's last post so I came by to say hello! I love your photographs - they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...