Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Simply a Miracle.

I'm guessing that's a no.

You know how there are times when you pray and you are not sure you are heard? You know how some prayers are answered fairly quickly, some 2 days later, some 2 years later, and maybe some you are still waiting on?


I am familiar with all these variations on answered prayers. But yesterday was a Bad Day. A Very Bad Day. I knelt by my bed, in the dark, glad my husband was asleep, and told Him that THAT WAS IT. I just mentioned very politely and humbly, that I needed Him to stop whatever He was doing or creating and listen to me intently. I just mentioned I was at the end of my rope, that I had snapped, that I had finally slipped under the water... you get the drift. I told Him there were several things that were too heavy on my shoulders. These are basically:


a. Our dire financial straits (my husband was in real estate/mortgage. shouldn't take a genius to figure that one out)

b. My postpartum mounting depression (caused by both a. and c.)

c. My absolutely darling, but extremely difficult and needy four-month-old son, and my severe lack of sleep due to said son.


So I laid it all on the line, and just said to please help me with this, or I would spend each following day in a pemanent fetal position on my bed.


The next day, Little Man slept in his crib. This may not seem like much to you. But if you knew J., his severe colick and pure high-maintenance-nance, you would know that This Is A Bona-Fide Miracle.


It would have also been nice if I woke up with $50,000 on my doorstep, but you know, maybe tomorrow.


I am grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Hello I dont know you I just found your blog surfing the net through other blogs, but I too have been having some of the same issues as you and I have been praying to heavenly father for help and I feel like today he answered my prayers in guiding me to your blog. I just felt like nobody understands a collicky baby or nobody is going to through what my family is going through and I was at the end of my rope, but its comforting knowing that I'm not the only one. that there are other lds moms and families that are going through the same and that if they can get through it so can I. thank you for allowing the public in on your blog and thanks for helping me. my name is Tiffany by the way and feel free to check out my blog although i dont update it as much as I should.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...