Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Girls Camp Recaps and the Olympic/Paralympic Games

Hi all. I survived Girls Camp. It was a fantastic success. But I am a pool of jello waiting to harden again-- I am seriously exhausted. This was my first year being in charge of the whole dadgum thing. I have lots of pics, video, and ideas for your Girls Camp planning pleasure if you should happen to find yourself in the same position. Stay tuned, I just have to find my camera cord (ugh, moving).

In the meantime, I can't wait for the Olympic - but mostly, the Paralympic Games. Exciting stuff. I have a friend at church here in Florida who is one of the most inspiring people I. have. ever. met. Seriously. His name is Paul Schulte, and he is the captain of the USA wheelchair basketball team. If you ever meet him, he has such a presence. His wife and baby son are lovely as well. So follow him in the games, it's pretty awesome stuff.

Here is a PBS spotlight video on him:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...